Fun Fact about our Skin
- Did you know that the largest organ of our body is our skin! It can weigh as much as a full shopping bag of food which I carry inside the house for my mom.
- My skin weighs about 10 pounds and my dad’s skin weighs about 20 pounds.
- There are 3 awesome layers to the skin: 1. epidermis (top layer-that’s what you see),2. dermis(middle layer) and 3.subcutaneous tissue (bottom layer).
- When your playing sports and become hot, your skin spurts out water to cool you off, subhanAllah. This water is sweat.
- When you itch your skin, it means your pain muscles are reacting to something but you don’t know what that is just yet.
- Your skin is like a suite of armor that protects you from germs and bacteria, alhumdulillah.
- Every day you loose about 1 million skin cells! But don’t worry because you have about another 2 trillion left 🙂
Take care of your skin because its what will protect you!