I love mama because she let’s us bake in the kitchen. Baking is so much fun! Mama allows us to choose what we want to make. Grandma had brought us some madeleine cookies this past weekend and they were so yummy they didn’t last very long. So, my sister and I decided to make our own madeleines today. With mama’s help, we looked for recipes on line, changed this and added that and than made up our own special recipe for a Madeleine Cake ! Who needs cookies when you can have a cake!
Before you begin please remember the follow these important things:
* Say,” Bismillah-i-Rahmani-Rahim”. Everything turns out so much better when you remember Allah(swt) before you begin.
*Never use the computer without mama’s permission. It’s not safe.
* Always ask an adult to watch and help you when you are working in the kitchen. Adults can be very helpful especially for carrying heavy things and hot things and for getting things from high above.
Here are the 5 simple ingredients we used:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup butter melted
1/3 cup of sugar
pinch of salt
Please follow our step by step recipe and inshaAllah your cake will come out great too! Remember to ask your mama for help.
1. Ask your mom to Pre- heat oven to 350
2. In a small bowl add eggs, salt and sugar. Ask mama to mix it with an electrical mixer for 10 minutes until you get a thick texture and creamy color. They call this ribbons in baking language.
3. Add the flour to the mixture and mix with a rubber spatula slowly.
4. Add the butter to the mixture and mix together with a spatula slowly.
After about an hour of working together with my mama and sister, the kitchen looked like a mess but our tummy’s were in love. Now, we can enjoy a delicious warm cake together. Say Bismillah!