Asalamu alaikum friends,
Have you ever felt this way? You’re in the grocery store with your mom and you see a super, yummy treat staring you in the face but you can’t have it. Why not? Well, there’s one ingredient in that treat that is not considered ‘halal’.
Halal means food or drink that is permissible(allowed) for Muslims to eat. Basically there’s just a few things Allah(swt) has asked us to avoid and everything else we can enjoy. Alhumdulilah. This reminds me of Adam (as) and how he was prohibited from eating the fruits of just 1 tree and every other tree in Jannah was permissible for him. Now, the trick is to be strong and to stay away from what’s prohibited. When you start feeling weak and you know you’re about to slip- quickly say “authu-billahi-minashaitoni-rajim- bismillahi-rahmani -rahim”
This basically means you need Allah’s(swt) help. Then, in your heart make a little dua. Speak to Allah (swt) and ask him to help you. You can be anywhere and still do this. You’re doing it silently so no one knows, sees or hears it. It’s a super power that you possess. One that connects you to Allah, the One Who Has Power Over All Things. He really is powerful and there is nothing He can’t do. So, go ahead and speak to Him. I did and guess what happened next?
Allah(swt) made me realize that I can make my own rice crispy treats at home. But after, I got home I totally forgot about the whole idea. Then, yesterday when I was over my friends house we decided to prepare some rice crispy treats and they had all the ingredients! SubhanAllah, Allah (swt) really does know what’s in your heart and makes your wishes (duas) come true. There is a hadith that describes what happens when you try to stay close to Allah(swt). You try to do what would pleases Him.
The Blessed Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) said : “Allah Subhanahu Wata’ala said: If my servant draws near to Me a hand’s length, I draw near to him an arm’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.”’(Sahih Bukhari)
I want to stay close to Allah(swt) because I know that He will take care of me.
My friends and I worked together to make the treats. We read the direction aunty printed out and it turned out great! There is so much good that comes from working together. My mom calls this ‘Barakah’ (blessings that Allah puts into a good act).
Making rice crispy treats is super easy and very yummy! It takes only about 20-30 minutes to prepare.
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 bag of halal marshmallows
- A frying pan
- An oven pan
- rice crispy cereal
* Before you begin any cooking experiment in the kitchen, please ask your mom/dad for permission and ask them to watch you while to work just in case you need their help. Adult supervision is highly recommended when working in the kitchen.
- Take a frying pan and place it on low- medium heat.
- Add the butter and let it melt.
- Put all the marshmallows in the pan. Allow them to melt. This will take about 10 minutes.
- When marshmallows are melted and there are no lumps add the rice crispy cereal.
- Mix it around slowly with a spatula until they are mixed together well.
- Pour the mixture into an oven pan
- Be careful because the frying pan is hot and heavy. Ask mom/dad for assistant.
- Allow your Rice Crispy Treats to cool down for at least 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, cut into shapes and enjoy.
It goes well with a tall glass of cold milk. Hope you enjoyed this simple recipe. Please comment and let us know how yours comes out. Adding a picture would be even better 🙂 CreativeMuslimKid@gmail.com